Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A simple gardening story.

Last spring Martha Stewart's aunt wanted to dig up her potato garden but it was very difficult work for the old woman as the ground was very hard. Her favorite niece Martha, who used to help her with the gardening, was in prison for Insider Trading and Stock Fraud. So, the old woman wrote a letter to her niece and described her predicament:

"Dear Martha,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you are here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.
Love, Auntie"

A few days later the old woman received a letter from
Martha:

"Dear Auntie,
For heaven's sakes, don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the money & stocks.
Love, Martha"

At 4 am the next morning, a team of FBI agents and local police arrived at the old aunt's house and dug up the entire garden area without finding any money or stocks. They apologized to the old woman and left.

That same day the aunt received another letter from her
niece:

"Dear Auntie,
Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love, Martha"

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That is good!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home