Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Home Sweet Home


HOME SWEET HOME
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
A.K.A. The Retreat that Was.

I'm SO glad to be home. I think I have a better understanding of what my dad hated about being on call as a physician. My cell phone started ringing on Sunday night and didn't stop until about 2pm today.

Although the weekend was actually quite a success, and I enjoyed a lot of the discussion, I am very glad not to be in charge of logistics anymore. Tonight I'm spending an evening on my couch, recuperating for tomorrow and all the fun activities it brings (expense reports, editing the 33 pages of notes I took, finishing my law paper - YIKES!)

So in keeping with the theme, let's discuss home issues, namely Martha Stewart. I caught some of her Apprentice tonight because, let's face it, I can only make a few hours of DVR last so long. I have to say I'm not impressed. First of all, Martha is queen of the home empire and she had to steal her show from Donald? Second, her "set", which or may not be her headquarters is UGLY. If that's how I can expect my Martha'd home to look, again, I'm not impressed. Lastly, she's missing that tagline (yes we know Donald didn't originate the term "you're fired" but it does spice up the ending a bit). The "you're not working out, goodbye" is more a "you are the weakest link goodbye" which we all know didn't sell as well as Regis' warm hominess.

*warning Clueless flashback* Rollin' with the homies.

Ok I'm getting punchy... I'm going to do us all a favor and head to bed. More news tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home