Monday, September 05, 2005

The Weekend that Was...

I arrived home this evening after a nice long weekend to homework and grading. But back to the weekend.

Aside from the drive (the next time I say I'm driving to Northern California for any amount of time less than a week, you have my full permission to remind me what a hellishly bad idea it is and then shoot me if I attempt it), the trip was great. Met some new people and hung out with the old friends. Saw the wedding proof book from the May festivities and it was gorgeous. The newlyweds are settling into their new home nicely and it was a great visit!

Saw a few movies this weekend too:

* The 40-Year Old Virgin - This was a great time. Silly, incredibly silly, but very fun. Also a little scary - I'm glad I wasn't stuck til 40.

* Kill Bill - I avoided this one for a while based on its tales of gore, but actually it wasn't particularly gory. Sure there was blood spurting left and right, but it was done in comic book/anime style and it didn't bother me much. Anxiously awaiting Netflix to deliver the second to me.

(Side note: of course I still have to resolve the little dvd/dvr snafoo - apparently the y connectors didn't do what they were supposed to. So right now I'm unplugging and replugging.)

So back to printing out assignments, finishing my presentation for tomorrow and trying to make this little shoebox I call home free from clutter. See you tomorrow for TERRIBLE TUESDAY. (an affectionate nickname for those weeks when we get to skip Monday but Tuesday is just as bad)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home