Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The right thing.

Despite my earlier jokes, I am, along with the rest of the United States, mesmerized and horrified with the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. For those of you who feel the same, visit here, and do the right thing.

UPDATE

I'm sitting here watching TV and alternating between coverage of Katrina and other shows. What strikes me is all the pointless commercials - the Toyota grand summer clearance - and I'm struck by a single thought. What if network stations and companies paired together. Rather than air ads, spend an entire day's or week's advertising revenue on relief aid. Millions in one single act.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Very true, and besides, think of the marketing value of that kind of act from a business perspective. I'm actually surprised they haven't jumped on the idea, even if not out of compassion for their fellow man.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home