Tuesday, August 30, 2005

An open letter to Nine West

Dear Nine West -

I am not what you would call fashion forward or trendy. In fact, though I hate to admit it, I often find myself wondering whether I should be featured on TLC's "What not to Wear". My approach to fashion is mainly through comfort and time transcending pieces - I stick to the nuts and bolts. I am also somewhat of a casual dresser, even for work. (Think business casual).

I fell in love with your products as a tender teen. My first purchase?

My Mary Janes
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.


These loveable Mary Janes. Oh how I wanted them. I drove all over Southern California to find the right size and color. I wore them to one of my first formals ever (ok so I was behind in the dating department too...) I found a great dress on sale for $40, but I paid over twice that for your adorable shoes. (I might add that more than 10 years later, I still own these shoes.)

Over time, I became a Nine West conoisseur of sorts. I now boast the following gear:

Nine West Gear
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.


Please note the matching purse and wallet. My lovely boyfriend will attest to how I dragged him around an entire outlet mall until I found your store. It was heaven. I bought those cute little chocolate brown sandals last summer and have been wearing them ever since. I even use one of your Nine West metal tags as a key chain.

So I was shocked this summer when SOMETHING WENT HORRIBLY WRONG.

YIKES
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.


My dear Nine West, I found these shoes lovingly nestled in the Camarillo Outlet Mall where I went with my parents and my sister this past July. I loved them on sight - the funky cork heels and that smooth black leather. And yet, it has not been a full two months and they are gone, dying a painful death. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?

I maintain hope that my next purchases will wear longer and last me throughout the course of time. But until then, I remain...

~Your Unsatisfied Customer~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home