Tuesday, July 19, 2005

When other people's screwups cost me a LOT of money

I am so angry right now I could spit. At 11:07 this evening I opened my Verizon wireless phone bill to find that I owe them over $200. Apparently, when I called to up my plan (because I was going over my minutes and it was expensive) and buy a new phone, the moron on the other end didn't adjust my contract. So last month I paid my bill in full and then went on my merry way this month like I had 500 minutes more than I really did. Lo and behold, the bill today shows up for $39.99 service fee, and exactly $142.20 in overage charges. And of course it's 11:07pm and customer service closes at 11, so I can do nothing but stew till tomorrow. Guess who's getting up early tomorrow to either get a refund or cancel her contract?

Stay tuned. I may start a new blog entitled "Buy Verizon - or just bend over."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home