Sunday, July 24, 2005

Swimmin' (or Fwimmin')

Today was a really nice day. I should have been studying, but instead I slept late, took a cursory look at my notes, and headed home for a family BBQ and afternoon of swimming. We had a few relatives in from back east, and my aunt and uncle brought my 6 year old cousin, Daniel, up from San Diego for the day.

Usually my sister is the one to take Daniel swimming, but since she's back in the Chicago heat, the task fell to me. I probably haven't been in that pool in 5 years (or any pool other than a jacuzzi for that matter). Other than the fact that I may have inhaled half the water, it was wonderful. And Daniel, despite being a bit scared of swimming on his own where he can't stand, is a regular little fish. Whew I'm tired!

Honestly though, I think my favorite part of the day was right after swimming when Daniel came and sat, all bundled up in his towel, in my lap. He did the same thing after dinner. He hasn't sat in my lap in a long time (he's a big boy now and is always up and running around) but it was so nice to cuddle him, and talk to him and have him sit still and want to be there! Was just an extra special feel good.

Of course, now it's 10:30 and I'm home. The bed needs to be made (clean sheets MMMM), I need a shower, and I STILL haven't studied for the final tomorrow night. This wascally wabbit it is twouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home