Sunday, July 10, 2005

Amazing.

Really that's the only word to describe tonight. Ok I can think of two more: f'en awesome! I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun, enjoyed or loved all of the artists up, and was really sorry to see the concert end.

The evening started with a relative newcomer, Shelly Fairchild. I have to say - if you haven't heard her, you have to give it a listen. She's a Mississippi girl with soul and grit and an incredible voice. You've got to like your country a little dark and hot, but damn she was great.

The "official" opening act was none other than Mr. Blake Shelton. Ladies, he's one tall drink of water, a country boy at heart and could alternately rock the house ("Ol' Red") and make us cry ("Austin" - one of my personal favorites even before I knew who Blake Shelton was).

The main event started at almost 10, and the concert rocked. I have to say that if you enjoy Rascal Flatts music, they do not dissapoint live. Their fiddler is amazing, and there were music breaks, covers, and even a suprise guest appearance (and duet with Gary) by the great Brian McKnight. They played all of my favorites and rocked the house till almost midnight.

I have to say, this was probably the best concert I have ever been to - from beginning to end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home