Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A light at the end of the night.

So I had an INSANE midterm tonight. It wasn't that it was so hard, but the guy wanted pages and pages of calculations and there were 11 essay/calculation answer questions. (with multiple parts!) Anyhow, I was pretty wiped when I was done, and ready for home. An then something unexpected happened. A light at the end of the night.

On my way out, a classmate stopped me to chat about the midterm. During the conversation he thanked me for supporting him in class at the beginning of the term. I have only a vague recollection of this, but apparently he was making a point that the professor wasn't overly receptive to, and I jumped in and supported him.

For those of you who know me, I have my demons, and a rather large one is what others think of me. I'm basically an introvert who desperately wants to be an extrovert. Yes I'm outgoing and friendly, but inside I'm really just a girl who never quite feels like she fits in. I tend to opt out of larger social situations, because I always feel out of place. My mother used to tell me that this just made me appear arrogant and aloof (and maybe she was right), but what goes through my mind is anything but that. That said, the positive light at the end of my night is that a classmate of mine, someone I hold in high esteem (read: he's very smart) thanked me for supporting him. So I would just offer my thanks to him, for making me feel accepted.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home