Sunday, March 20, 2005

It's a dog's world... and mine too.

So its 11:23pm and I just returned from Buddy's last walk of the night. You might wonder what the hell a single woman was thinking walking a dog so late at night. Well... he needs it. And frankly I enjoyed the quiet time. See Buddy lives on the border between LA and Santa Monica, 2 blocks west of where I used to live with my ex, and it's a ritzier zip code than mine. So besides the nicer digs, it's just so peaceful walking on tree and lawn-lined streets late at night, under the stars, feeling so totally far away from the concept people see when they hear "LA".

Sure, I wasn't really safe and I should have had either mace or a big maglight with me (and no I couldn't logically argue that Buddy would keep me safe - he'd probably jump all over the guy and lick him to death), but something was just kind of quiet and magical about it. Guess I can see why people like having pets.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home