Monday, July 16, 2007

All Hail Hell Monday


Well, it's Monday again. I had a great weekend, but I can't believe I'm back at work. What's up with that?

Friday night was a R&R night. I called Wes shortly after work and found out he had left a day early to join me here in LA! He spent most of the next 36 hours driving, but I spent it doing some stuff to prepare for him. The rest of the night was spent watching HBO's Elizabeth with Helen Mirren and Jeremy Irons. It was really excellent. I also cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and living room.

Saturday I got up around 10am and watched another DVD (Big Love) and finished cleaning. I knitted a little bit and then I MIGHT have taken a nap. I woke up, showered, read a little more of Wild Trees and then headed out to meet my friend. We headed up to the Beverly Center for shopping and some dinner and then went to a concert in Hollywood. After a bumpy start (I forgot the tickets, she forgot her jacket) we ended up shopping for a bit. I found a few new tank tops in some great colors. Then we had a yummy dinner at P.F. Chang's (I love that place!) and headed out to Hollywood. We ended up at The Gig watching a great "new to us" band, Natives of the New Dawn. They were having a CD release party and were great! Afterwards we hung out for while with the band... never underestimate the weird things that happen on the sidewalk outside the club (on Melrose) at 1am.

Sunday was final prep for Wes arriving - getting him fresh sheets and towels. He showed up at noon! We mostly hung out yesterday as he was still tired from driving cross country. We watched a few movies and some tv, had a good dinner of leftovers, and went to bed early.

Today it's back to the work grind. Then tonight we're having dinner with my cousin, the one I mentioned here that I haven't seen in forever. I'm a little nervous and excited. Can't wait for the work day to be over!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home