Monday, April 30, 2007

It's a Small Small World aka You're not a stalker if you really do know them from somewhere!


This afternoon I needed to take off work to keep an appointment. Afterwards I had a number of errands to run on campus... including picking up my cap and gown! *thinks almost graduate level thoughts*

So I was on my way into a building when I saw this guy.... and I just KNEW that I knew him. As he walked into what I presumed was his office, I glanced at the name on the door. It just reinforced the feeling. So I spent the better part of the next 30 minutes going through my various affiliations (past schools, past jobs) and trying to place this guy. Finally I couldn't take it any more.

Knowing that I was about to sound like a bad pickup line, I cruised by his office and tapped lightly on his door. "I'm sorry I hate to bother you, but don't I...." "YES. I know I know you from somewhere!" He finished my sentence. Turns out he lived down the hall from me sophomore year. In St. Louis. Almost... EEEEK...10 years ago.

It's a small small world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home