Thursday, March 08, 2007

Saving the Little Fishes


I just finished a book yesterday, Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan. It has been a while since I read Amy Tan's other books, but from what I remember, this book is quite different. Although it didn't receive many favorable reviews, I enjoyed it as a quirky fun read. The book is narrated posthumously by a woman who watches her friends go on a trip to China and Myanmar (the artist country formerly known as Burma). This somewhat eccentric narrator travels along with her friends from some type of a purgatory state, and watches as the very best and worst of their human nature emerges. I found this book a fun read, if not great literature. I would recommend it if you're looking for a quirky story to keep you occupied.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home