Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hello. My name is Laura and I'm an addict.


I've noticed in the last year or so, an addiction has been creeping up on me slowly. At first I thought I had it under control. I wasn't spending too much, I was enjoying it and finding other people to share my joy with. But then I realized I couldn't not buy it. I couldn't stop looking for it at work, at home, and whenever I had an internet connection. Last night I was just so restless I couldn't sit down and concentrate.

My name is Laura and I'm addicted to knitting.

All of a sudden the world is all patterns and beautiful yarns. I have 12 million ideas going at all times, and I have knitting ADD. I can barely get one project on the needles before I'm working on two more. I need a long knitted sweater coat. Or this Koigu skirt. Or any number of books. Or a spindle and some roving to learn spinning. Or learning to crochet (my New Year's Resolution).

It's like crack. The more time I spend with people I knit, talking over creative ideas and looking at patterns and yarns, the more I need.

So now I've acknowledged that there is a problem. Is there a 12 step program for this?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home