Monday, December 11, 2006

Big Honkin' Update

Not having a working computer at home is a real bitch. On one hand, I've been spending more time reading and knitting, and less time multitasking. On the other hand, my blogging is clearly suffering. So here goes:

A Book Report on Peter Rabbit...

I finished two books this weekend, both of which were excellent.

The first was a knitting treasure trove, Wendy Knits. This book is a really delightful collection of knitting stories, tips and tricks and a few patterns to boot. The Nordic Sweater pattern is something I think I might use to whet my Fair Isle whistle. And steeks, oh my!

The second was A Thousand Days in Tuscany, Marlena di Blasi's sequel to A Thousand Days in Venice. This is the romantic story of a Venetian and an American who meet by chance, marry and adapt to life together. In this book they have just relocated from Venice to Tuscany, and are enjoying the country life, living among nature, and cooking rustic dishes. This book is filled with yummy recipes and romantic landscapes.



Let's All Go To The Movies

I rented/saw a bunch of movies this weekend, most of them weird.

The Producers was an over the top musical based on the Broadway revival starring Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. I thought it was amusing, especially Will Ferrell's part, but also found it a bit over the top. Next on the list was Entourage - Season 1. This one is growing on me quite a bit. I'll probably stick around for Season 2. Lastly from Netflix was an odd film by the name of Dogville. At first I thought it was reminiscient of Our Town. The movie was filmed much like a staged play, with minimal set decoration - a chair here or a table there, but no walls nor doors. But this play was anything but bittersweet Americana. Rather it was about the danger and hate that can lurk and breed in small town America. It starred Nicole Kidman and Paul Bettany among others. Finally, I caught Starship Troopers on TV on Saturday night. This was one that I always seemed to miss, but was fun to watch. Icky exploding bugs!

Knitting News

I finished a few projects this weekend and sadly, though I could photograph them, I haven't been able to upload them. So stay tuned for pictures of blankets, slippers, baby hats and much more. Also on my project list: a felted flamingo for the yarn store!

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Tonight I'm leaving for NoCal to be a PA (read: grunt) on a little film the office is shooting. So I'll be MIA for a few days from the blogosphere, but I'm sure I'll have fun updates when I return.

Here's hoping for a short week!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home