Friday, August 25, 2006

LYS (Local Yarn Store)


So I guess I've been a little sheltered in my yarn buying. Up until recently I shopped mostly in acrylics at Michael's. I've made some beautiful, durable items over the years in acrylics. But lately, as I've gotten more into knitting and knitting blogs, I've been jealous of people who have luscious local yarn stores that offer classes, knitting groups and amazing fibers. Why I didn't think to just look around LA, I don't know.

Last night, quite by accident, I discovered that there is a cool LYS right near me. Even though I'm not supposed to shop right now, I'm going to stop by this weekend and check it out. I can buy good stuff on Ebay, but there's something about feeling and seeing the true colors of a great fiber that makes me want to find my own local knitting haven. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home