Friday, June 02, 2006

Screwed


Screwed
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
An open letter to my office (which I'm sure is not unlike many of your offices):

I'd like to take a moment to address a problem that seems to rear its ugly head more frequently than not.

Today's lesson: Requesting Help from a Coworker

What people say:

"Hey, could you help me with this?"

What 95% of people really mean:

"Hey could you do this for me because I'm too lazy/important/stupid/busy to do it myself."

Now when I ask for help, I mean HELP.

It means I don't know how to do it or would appreciate some simple guidance. And if it's something I want you to show me how to do, for Pete's sake just show me once, and I'll know how to do it myself next time. And when I ask for your help in planning an event, it means you plan lots of events and know the caterers and I would like a little help in planning, not that I want you to do set-up, clean-up and everything in between all by yourself. If I had wanted that I would have said "Hey could you do this FOR me?"

Thanks for listening and not helping at all so I'm left to do it myself,
Screwed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home