Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Weekend Recap.


DaVinci Code
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
I thought I would take a few brief moments to recap the weekend and all the fun I had. And you know any good weekend involves movies and knitting!

Friday afternoon, the vacation gods bestowed upon us a half day off for the good holiday fortune. So I got out of work at 1pm and ran some errands. Then my sweetie and I went to see The DaVinci Code. I'd heard the critics panned it, but I found it to be an enjoyable movie. Sure the book was better (they always are!) but I thought the cast was amazing - Tom Hanks, Audrey Tatou, Alfred Molina, Paul Bettany, and Ian McKellan. Other than a few moments of cheesy dialogue ("Get me to a library!"), I really liked it.

Saturday we slept in a bit, brunched with my old roommate and her new boyfriend at Sisley Italian Kitchen at Westside Pavilion. Yummy! Then we headed down to the beach to have dinner with my parents at my favorite restaurant of all time: The Bottle Inn. If you haven't been and you live near the area, you HAVE to go.

Sunday, we slept late again and then headed out to Anaheim for a little ARRRRR! We met up with Light and her crew for a delightful birthday adventure complete with large drinks and much swashbuckling and cheering. I'd say that this adventure was geared more toward the under 10 crowd, but I'd recommend anyone with kids go and have a piratey good time!

Yesterday was just hanging out, getting some work done, and spending one last day together before I have to go back to work. I LOVE that Wes is here for so long - it's starting to feel like we really live together.

Finally - the movies.

* Firefly and Serenity - I group these together because Serenity is the movie version/conclusion of the TV Series. We LOVED these. I'm sorry that I didn't know about Firefly when it was on TV, because it's really fun. I was a little surprised at some of the ending parts of the movie (won't give them away!) but I'd highly recommend.

* The Way of the Gun - This movie had a great cast (James Caan, Ryan Phillipe, Benicio Del Toro, Juliette Lewis) but sort of failed to deliver (hah! if you've seen the movie you'll get the pun there!). In all honesty, I'm not sure what the point of it all was. Not sure whether I'd give it a thumbs up or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home