Saturday, April 29, 2006

Tagged.

So tonight Barista Brat tagged me. The task: I am supposed to write 6 odd habits about myself (I think that have been heretofore previously unmentioned). So here goes nothing...

1. I am a woman of many talents, but I am a lousy housekeeper. I don't cook well, and I don't often clean. Dust is common in my household. One further clarification - when I say I don't clean, I mean papers stack up, non-food trashcans are usually full, and the place is in need of a good dusting and vacuuming. The place is, however, free from food or disgusting ickies.

2. I can't sleep if I'm too hot or too cold. I tend to cover myself in blankets and dangle my feet out the bottom of the bed. If I'm too cold I just shiver until I get more clothing and blankets. I also have this weird circulation problem where my fingers and toes go white and numb if I get cold. This doesn't help with the sleeping.

3. I was a naive youngster. I didn't have my first kiss until I was 16 and I was 18 when I learned which slang words applied to which gender. For instance, I thought "beaver" referred to a part of male genitalia.

4. The worst thing I've ever done is make my dad cry. I was a stupid teenager and said some stupid things and it was just stupid. If I think about it today, I still feel my face get hot in shame.

5. I never thought I would get married. I truly, honestly thought I wouldn't find someone that I could see myself sharing my life with. The fact that I've found a wonderful man to grow old with still makes me giddy every time I think about it. And it's too far away still, but I'm dying to start planning our big day.

6. I do not get on shoes that move of their own volition. This includes ice skates and roller skates. And yet, I constantly have dreams about flying and skating. In my dreams, I can skate perfectly and I feel free. In real life, I can't stay on my feet to save my life and my ass usually functions as a Xamboni on ice.

The general idea is that I'm supposed to tag people, but I sort of feel that tagged meme's are like chain letters. So if you read this and want to participate - tell everyone I tagged you.

1 Comments:

Blogger barista brat said...

until i was ten i thought "ass" was slang for "penis". your "beaver" comment cracked me up.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home