Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lessons learned and movies watched.


Day 1
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
As you can see, I've been a busy little bee this weekend. First, some lessons learned from my knitting madness:


  • I may have been knitting forever but I'm damn stubborn when it comes to swatching. Had I swatched, I might not have had to pull everything I did last night out to make it bigger today. -1 for me.
  • When using hanks of yarn (as opposed to neatly packaged skeins) one is smart to ball yarn before starting to knit. Yes, in the midst of frogging last night, I also tangled one hank beyond all recognition. -1 for me.
  • I am, however, proud of myself for using a row counter, since this pattern will require a bit of concentration. +1 for me.


Ok. Now for the movies watched.


  • Cinderella Man - I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to see this one because I'm not into boxing, but it was truly a great film. Paul Giamatti was excellent and the film itself was suprisingly poignant. I'd definitely recommend it.
  • Belle Epoque - This is a sweet Spanish film starring a young Penelope Cruz. It has subtitles, so I couldn't knit, but it was very cute.
  • The Whole Nine Yards - This was last night's movie date, and it was really cute. A good laugh and a fun watch.
  • The Aristocrats - Now maybe this was my fault. I'm pretty naive and didn't know what this one was before I rented it. All I can say is that I have never pulled a movie out after 10 minutes and sent it back. 'Nuff said.


Now just another Monday to look forward to. But at least there's Grey's Anatomy tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home