Monday, April 03, 2006

CSI Marina Del Rey (aka As the Pump Turns)

Recently, my coworker WineGuy has been attempting to raise and breed Triops. (For more on Triops see here and here.)

This has produced endless excitement (at least on my part) and many trips downstairs to his office to see the progress the "babies" have made. The experiment has been going on about two weeks and has yielded 5 specimens which have been named Number 1, Red, Runt, Joe Blow, and one who's name I shall not mention but coincidentally is the same as my boss. (We will not mention the origins of the last one's name or that they have anything to do with his spastic behavior.)

Well, unfortunately as of this morning, only 4 remain. The crime scene this morning had a head on one side of the tank and a tail on the other. Apparently he who shall not be named had been cracked in half and became dinner for the others. I wonder if this is an omen for the office?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home