Friday, March 03, 2006

An American Institution.

There are many times in life to avoid the Post Office. Mother's Day, the Christmas Season and Tax Season are a few that come to mind. But this was just this morning, a plain and slightly rainy day in the middle of March.


  • 9:15am - Arrive at the Post Office with package slip.
  • 9:23am - After waiting in line for a few minutes, step out of line to the package pickup window.
  • 9:30am - Get informed that the package pickup window isn't operating today. Get back into line.
  • 9:45am - Man 12 people behind me proceeds to package pickup window, kibitzes with postal worker and picks up package. Same postal worker disappears into back room - the black hole of the post office.
  • 10:00am - Ooo finally my turn. Postal worker takes my ID and package slip in search of package.
  • 10:10am - No sign of my friend the postal worker, or my driver's license.
  • 10:15am - No sign of my friend. Decide to fill out a vacation hold application since I can't leave.
  • 10:25am - Still no sign of my friend or my driver's license. Wonder if it's his lunch break already or if I should commit hari kari in the post office.
  • 10:31am - Emerges with my package. These Thin Mints from my soon to be niece better be damn good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home