Sunday, February 26, 2006

Felted


Felted
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
On today, the last day of the Knitting Olympics and the Turino 2006 Winter Olympics, I have finished my creation. Behold she is felted.

Felting Tips:

I used hot hot water, and put this through the slow agitation cycle and then the fast one. It took about 20 or 30 minutes. The surprise was that the fast agitation actually stirred up some soap residue, so I had to leave the little sucker through the cold rinse cycle. Also, props to the suggestion of using a pillow case or mesh bag - this was a bit messy, But I'm very pleased with the result.

Only downside:

Smelly wet wool in my living room.

3 Comments:

Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Congrats on finishing your bag! It looks great!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Cute bag - congrats! I really like the colors.

8:12 AM  
Blogger tammie said...

hey, nice bag!
i've felted 3 bags, and they all come out totally lopsided....
ah, well.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home