Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Life would be great...

If one didn't need money to live. The old adage is that money doesn't buy happiness, but well.... money sure does go a long way to staving off unhappiness.

Yes folks, I've had round two with the financial office at the unnamed institution. Apparently the letter they gave me informing me of my eligibility was bogus. Never mind that I signed it and elected to take a certain amout which was going to cover my fall tuition. Instead I found about half that amount posted to my account today and was notified that my Financial Aid had changed. So I owe $1500 by Friday. Neat!

Then there's the beloved US Postal Service. I go in this morning to cancel the vacation hold on my mail and collect it. I bring my ID and my utility bill to prove where I live and am rewarded with a medium thick stack of mail. I quickly go to my car and look for my financial aid documents (the first inclination of the above problem) and realize that only 3 envelopes are mine and the rest of the stack belongs to the building next door. So I return the mail to the post office, and the friendly clerk assures me there's nothing else for me. So I arrive home today and realize that my post-person found new and creative ways to shove all the mail in my mailbox this morning. 10 days gone and no mail my ass.

Ok, bitching done. Time for bed.

PS I think the boy got the excitement today - he had TV crews at his house doing interviews!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Telling you you get money and then they don't, eh? We could start a club. :)

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home