Thursday, July 05, 2007

July 4

Today was a fun day. I can't think of anything I'd wish happened differently (unless you count wanting Wes to be here to join me!).


I slept in a bit and headed over to Knitmeister S's for some relaxing and movies. We watched Pitch Black with Vin Diesel, which was very good. I may or may not have missed about 10 minutes at the end due to a spontaneous nap, but I absolutely did not drool. I found out that kittens like plastic bags, and the exact yarn you're knitting with. Never mind if you give them their own ball of yarn, they want yours. However, they do seem to be loving on the knitted mice a little, and they're awfully cute, so I suppose I can forgive them.


Around 5 we headed over to my coworker Miss J's. She's down by the beach and hosted a little party prior to fireworks. Although parking was a nightmare, I took a chance on a shopping parking lot and managed not to get ticketed or towed. We played games for a while at Miss J's and then walked down to the Venice channel to watch the fireworks. The show was fabulous and I was even able to capture some nice photos. I LOVE fireworks. The noise, the spectacular view, everything. It's been a while since I've gone out in search of fireworks, but this was lots of fun.


We played a few more games, enjoyed cupcakes (yummy!) and then headed home. On my way home I discovered that horror of all horrors, there is a Kwik-E-Mart right near home. You can't see in the picture, but there was a line out the door at 11pm.

All in all, it was a fun day. The only thing I REALLY have to complain about is that tomorrow is a work day. What is up with that? I REALLY REALLY NEED more knitting time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home