Monday, May 21, 2007

A Wicked Weekend

This weekend was wonderful! The only thing marring it is the return of Monday and the office drudgery...

Friday night Wes and I joined up with some work friends and we all went to dinner and to see Hot Fuzz. I have to say, it was quite amusing. I was a big fan of Shaun of the Dead so it was fun to see the cast reunited in something entirely different, and yet still equally as funny.

Saturday morning, Wes and I slept in a little and then headed down to Orange County for a friend's wedding. We spent some time at South Coast Plaza, grabbing a yummy lunch and wedding present and assorted shopping (great sales!) and then headed to the church for the wedding at 2pm. The church was gorgeous.

Then we checked into the hotel (the Costa Mesa Hilton) for the night and went to enjoy the reception in the evening. It was a beautiful wedding and the bride and groom looked ecstatic. The food was fabulous... especially the chocolate mousse wedding cake.


Sunday we slept in a little, had breakfast at the hotel and then headed over to Hollywood to see Wicked. I have been waiting for months to see the show and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. The show is FABULOUS. The women who played Elphaba and Glinda were excellent, and the story had all these funny quirks and twists that I wasn't expecting. The music is pretty good (minus a few clunker songs) and overall I loved it!

After, Wes and I headed home and got comfy for a relaxing Sunday night. We watched our last Netflix movie, Children of Men. It was pretty good. I won't say it was the best I've ever seen, but it had an interesting "Brave New World" feel to it.

Overall, it was a great weekend and I'm so glad that Wes was here to share it with me! Unfortunately he goes back to Kansas tomorrow until July or so. I'm gonna miss him.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home