Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So beautiful, so blue.

I know it's Valentine's Day and things are supposed to be pink and red, but today things are blue. I present Charity Blanket #3:



This is a particularly neat milestone for me for several reasons.



1. This is my first crochet project! Rather than make a bunch of New Year's resolutions that I knew I'd forget after Jan. 15, I thought I'd make it a priority to learn new crafting skills this year. Something I want to do! So this is my first crochet. It's a vaguely trapezoidal (cleverly hidden in the picture) double crochet blanket, with a little shell border.

2. This is my first object completed for Project Spectrum 2.0. February is Blue!

3. I love using up yarns that I have (the blue variegated) and making something that will keep a child warm and safe!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Good for you. I learned to crochet and knit when I was 16. I don't think that I've ever completed a single project.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Butrfly Garden said...

That's so wonderful that you are using your talents to do so much good.

I'm sure your projects will be greatly appreciated, square or not, by those babies (and mothers) in need.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home