Sunday, October 08, 2006

I Spy a Dragonfly


Today was a fabulous day knitting-wise. I woke up late and headed up to the knitting store, where I exchanged an unfortunate purchase, and found some new goodies. Then I hung out with the ladies and knitted and chatted for a few hours. A quick trip to the market and then I came home for a movie date with my sweetie. We watched Howl's Moving Castle which was a little disjointed, but otherwise a delightful movie.

This evening I finished another bunny (for the boss' new baby boy!) which I'll post pics of tomorrow once I finish the ribbon. I also finished this dragonfly. It came out beautifully and pictures don't do it justice, but it is also a project I'll not repeat any time soon. Parts I could have lived without:

* Trying to thread beads onto mohair.
* Mohair does not work to make gossamer like wings. Instead it looks furry.
* Regular scissors don't cut bead wire easily.
* Beading wire is not as stiff as I would like (as in, it doesn't hold the wing shape quite like I would like).
* DPNs + mohair + yarn = ouchie on the fingers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home