Sunday, September 17, 2006

'Tis the Season


Normally I abhor the retail anticipation of Christmas in early September. My one exception for this commercial offense is, of course, craft stores, because you have to start crafting early for holidays.

With that in mind I picked up some needles and started knitting hats this weekend. Earlier this year I found out about Operation Gratitude. This organization, founded and headed by a Los Angelino (a?) sends care packages to our men overseas. One of the items they request for the Christmas packages is knitted hats. Now THAT I can do. These are the first two and half I whipped up this weekend. I'm hoping to do a few more and then send them along with some notes. Just another way knitting can actually contribute to good causes!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home