Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Can you guess what I've been reading?


Eats, Shoots & Leaves
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
Ok folks, I'll give the punctuation a rest after this last entry.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. If you have even a passing interest in writing or the English Language, Lynne Truss will crack you up repeatedly.

One final quote:

As Joseph Robertson wrote in an essay on punctuation in 1785, "The art of punctuation is of infinite consequence in writing; as it contributes to the perspicuity, and consequently to the beauty, of every composition."

P.S. Yes, this is how I pass slow days at work. Don't you wish you were me?

1 Comments:

Blogger caseyoconnell said...

That's one I've been wanting to get for my own office, actually.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home