Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Albondigas, Lotion and Joyriding on a Mower

Yes, it's been a slow news day today. Work has been practically non-existent due to E3 which makes all the bosses want to go play with electronics downtown. That combined with the fact that they're drilling on the roof (read: right above my friggin' head) means that I took an extra long lunch today.

My companion and I headed to Souplantation. He being of a more discerning palate, and having tremendous skill in the kitchen tasked me to taste the Albondigas and deliver a summary of potential ingredients. After which I tortured him by parading him through Victoria's Secret so I could pick up more free panties. AND I got a free sample of lotion! I think I lost him somewhere in there while he stared at the rich crimson WALLPAPER of all things. And no, he's not gay. He just apparently has no interest in women's undergarments.

And finally, I leave you with something that could only happen in that great heartland we call the Midwest. Even with the ducks yesterday, I doubt you'd see this in LA.


Man Arrested for Drunken Mower Driving

VERMILION, Ohio - Police have arrested a man accused of operating lawnmower while drunk. Dondi Bowles, 50, was arrested about 9:45 p.m. Friday as he drove the mower on a sidewalk.

Police said he had used the mower to drive to a store about a mile from his home and was arrested on his way back. Police had the lawn mower towed.



***UPDATE: Fiance confirms my suspicions regarding the Midwest. "I think there is actually a guy around here who drives a riding mower because his license is suspended." That's Kansas for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home