Monday, January 30, 2006

They say talking to yourself is the beginning of insanity...

Lately I've been reading blogs written by mothers who make up crazy little songs about poop to entertain their children. This proves that insanity is definitely something that you inherit from your children. However, I'm not sure you always need wee ones running around to be borderline mental.

As most of you who read here know, my fiance and I are about 1.5 years into a 3 year long distance relationship. I'm grateful for every minute that we get to spend together, but the fact is that we're apart an awful lot of the time.

Enter: My Insanity. Lately I've developed a really odd habit of "talking to him" before I go to bed. No, this isn't the phone call where I actually talk to him. This is where I wander around my apartment and crawl into bed, wondering aloud if he's sleeping peacefully and dreaming sweet dreams. Or where I say "gosh I need to snuggle up with you right now cause my body pillow just isn't the same." This conversation (and I use the term LOOSELY) usually takes place for 10 minutes or so before bedtime.

PS To top it off, last night I was preoccupied while I was brushing my teeth and I used his tooth brush.

2 Comments:

Blogger Surreal Weasel said...

Do NOT throw my toothbrush away again!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Amy L said...

I do the same thing w SG. In the car, at work, whenever I am not around him and feel I have something to say, I have this convo with myself aimed at him

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home