Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The movie reviews...

Well it appears I've been remiss again in my duties to bring you the finest of today's (and yesterday's) cinema. I think I spend most of my waking hours watching SOMETHING that I have either DVR'd, Netflixed or borrowed. So here's what I watched this weekend:

* Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - A decent flick, not nearly as good as the first, but still has YUMMY Colin Firth in it. Nothing spectacular, but not a bad couple of hours.

* Head in the Clouds - This film stars Charlize Theron, Penelope Cruz and Stuart Townsend. It was ok, but I didn't really connect with it. The general public gave it 4 stars, I gave it 3.

* Sex, Lies and Videotape - This oldie but goodie was nestled in the free movie section of my OnDemand with Comcast. A little risque, but a very good movie. Who knew James Spader ever looked so young?

* Heavenly Creatures - This little gem is a Peter Jackson film, and one that introduced Kate Winslet to the world. It's odd, quirky, a little disturbing and highly enjoyable. I would recommend it - totally different from LOTR.

* Grey's Anatomy: Season 1 - No folks this one isn't out on DVD yet, but I had a wonderful colleague hand it to me a few weeks ago on the off chance that I might like it. I have LOVED what I have seen in Season 2, so of course I was dying to catch up on the first season. LOVE IT! Can't get enough. My new favorite show!

There ya have it folks! More reviews as I watch 'em.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

Stuart Townsend is just SO yummy... Way moreso than that Colin Firth guy... *wink*

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home